Best Love Quote - Quote About Love

love quotes
Love Quote Image

The best and the worst thing about love is that it cannot be expressed in words. Therefore, we have compiled a list of the best love quotes of all time. These famous inspirational love quotes and sayings can help anyone describe their emotions in words. Some of these love quotes are from people who experienced the feeling of love, hundreds of years before us, while others come from the newer generation. So, here we go with the list of best phrases about love, and being in love.
If you've ever been in love, you know it's not an easy feeling to put into words. Thankfully, some of our favorite actors, authors, and musicians have done the hard work for us. In our humble opinion, these are lots of the best love quotes of all time. Share 'em with your partner to show how you really feel.
These love quotes, are inspiring and timeless. Love is something that is all around and even the biggest cynic can’t deny that love has a quality that we are all attracted to.
Who am I to tell you to read this? I am just like everyone else. I am an ordinary person who is lucky enough to have family and friends who I love. As a result I felt inspired and motivated to share not only my favorite love quotes, but yours as well. These quotes were collected from people just like you. They inspired, helped them, or just entertained them. The idea motivated them enough to reply to my question.
Quotes are an amazing tool of communication. They have defined generations as well as linked them. They will be with us forever. Love will be with us forever. And bringing these two areas together only demonstrates the power of them.
So I ask you, if you want read this quote, use it for your own purposes, but keep in mind that you don’t have to be a poet to enjoy them. You are just like everyone else; you are a person who is searching for that driving force, our reason for being, to love.

Best Love Quotes

                          love quote

1) All you need is love. - John Lennon

2) A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person. - Mignon McLaughlin

3) I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams. - William Butler Yeats

4) Our love is here to stay. - Ira Gershwin

5) To know me is to love me.

6) You complete me - Jerry Maguire

7) Love thy neighbour as thyself. - Matthew

8) Absence makes the heart grow fonder

9) You had me at Hello - Jerry Maguire

10) To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world.

11) The water shines only by the sun. And it is you who are my sun.– Charles de Leusse

12) I swear I couldn’t love you more than I do right now, and yet I know I will tomorrow. — Leo Christopher

13) There is a madness in loving you, a lack of reason that makes it feel so flawless. — Leo Christopher

14) You are the last thought in my mind before I drift off to sleep and the first thought when I wake up each morning. – Unknown

15) You know it’s love when all you want is that person to be happy, even if you’re not part of their happiness. — Julia Roberts

16) I will love you until the stars go out, and the tides no longer turn.

17) Every time I see you, I fall in love all over again.

18) You are my song. You are my song of love.

19) If I know what love is, it is because of you.

20) Our Relationship is meant to be. Something that was written in the stars and drawn into our destiny.

21) The first time you touched me, I knew I was born to be yours.

22) To lose balance sometimes for love is part of living a balanced life. – Elizabeth Gilbert

23) There are only two times that I want to be with you. Now and Forever.

24) Love is like a virus. It can happen to anybody at any time.– Maya Angelou

25) There is only happiness in life, to love and to be loved.

26) Without his love I can do nothing, with his love, there is nothing I cannot do.

27) Love is like the wind, you can’t see it but you can feel it. ― Nicholas Sparks

28) Nobody has the ability to make me as weightless and carefree as you can.

29) Loving you never was an option. It was a necessity.

                            love quote

30) It is true that my heart always skips a beat when you take my name.

31) I have loved you all my life; it has just taken me this long to find you.

32) “To the world you may be one person, but to one person you are the world.” – Bill Wilson

33) “Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within.”— James Baldwin

34) “You have found true love when you realize that you want to wake up beside your love every morning even when you have your differences.” – Unknown

35) “Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.”— Lucille Ball

36) “I love you and that’s the beginning and end of everything.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald

37.) “You are the source of my joy, the center of my world and the whole of my heart.” – Unknown

38) “The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in.” — Morrie Schwartz

39) “You are nothing short of my everything.” – Unknown

40) “My six word love story: I can’t imagine life without you.” – Anonymous

41) “You are the last thought in my mind before I drift off to sleep and the first thought when I wake up each morning.” – Unknown

42) “Love is a friendship set to music.”— Joseph Campbell

43) “I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you.” – Roy Croft

44) “I went to sleep last night with a smile because I knew I’d be dreaming of you… but I woke up this morning with a smile because you weren’t a dream.” – Unknown

45) “Everywhere I look I am reminded of your love. You are my world.” – Unknown

46) “We are shaped and fashioned by what we love.”— Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

47) “You are every reason, every hope and every dream I’ve ever had.” – Nicolas Sparks

48) “Love is not about how many days, weeks or months you’ve been together, it’s all about how much you love each other every day.” – Unknown

49) “When we are in love we seem to ourselves quite different from what we were before.”— Blaise Pascal

50) “I love you for all that you are, all that you have been and all that you will be.” – Unknown

51) “If I know what love is, it is because of you.” – Hermann Hesse

                        love quote

52) “The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost.”— Gilbert K. Chesterton

53) “You are my paradise and I would happily get stranded on you for a lifetime.” – Unknown

54) “I’ve fallen in love many times…always with you.” – Unknown

55) “Love is of all passions the strongest, for it attacks simultaneously the head, the heart, and the senses.”— Lao Tzu

56) “My heart is perfect because you are in it.”– Unknown

57) “You know its love when all you want is that person to be happy, even if you’re not part of their happiness.”— Julia Roberts

58) “In this crazy world, full of change and chaos, there is one thing of which I am certain, one thing which does not change: my love for you.” – Unknown

59) “Thank you for always being my rainbow after the storm.” – Unknown

60) “At the touch of love everyone becomes a poet.”— Plato

61) “If I did anything right in my life it was when I gave my heart to you.” – Unknown

62) “I am so totally, completely, overwhelmingly, eye-poppingly, life-changingly, spectacularly, passionately, deliciously in love with you.” – Unknown

63) “The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart.” — Helen Keller

64) “This morning I awoke and was reminded of the preciousness of life. I realized I should express my gratitude to those who are so very important to me. Thank you for all you have done and have a great day!” – Unknown

65) “Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead.”— Oscar Wilde

66) I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship - Humphrey Bogart, Casablanca

67) Life is the flower for which love is the honey. - Victor Hugo

68) Beginnings are scary. Endings are usually sad, but it's what's in the middle that counts. So, when you find yourself at the beginning, just give hope a chance to float up. And it will. - Hope Floats

69) I love you, not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. - Elizabeth Browning

70) I would rather have had one breath of her hair, one kiss from her mouth, one touch of her hand, than eternity without it. - From the Movie, City of Angels

71) Age does not protect you from love. But love, to some extent, protects you from age. - Jeanne Moreau

72) We loved with a love that was more than love. - Edgar Allan Poe

73) We cannot really love anybody with whom we never laugh. - Agnes Repplier

                            love quote

74) Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth: for thy love is better than wine. - Song of Soloman

75) A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous. - Ingrid Bergman

76) At the touch of love everyone becomes a poet. - Plato

77) Love: a temporary insanity, curable by marriage... - Ambrose Bierce

78) Love cures people - both the ones who give it and the ones who receive it - Dr. Karl Menninger

79) Love like there is no tomorrow. - Unknown

80) You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly. - Sam Keen

81) Who, being loved, is poor? - Oscar Wilde

82) The greatest thing you'll ever learn is to love and be loved in return.

83) Let me not to the marriage of true minds admit impediments. Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds ... - William Shakespeare

84) If you love somebody, let them go, for if they return, they were always yours. And if they don't, they never were. - Unknown

85) Love is an act of endless forgiveness, a tender look which becomes a habit. - Peter Ustinov

86) For every beauty there is an eye somewhere to see it. For every truth there is an ear somewhere to hear it. For every love there is a heart somewhere to receive it. - Ivan Panin

87) Nothing is worth more than this day. - Johann Wolfgang Van Goethe

88) Love is an ideal thing, marriage a real thing; a confusion of the real with the ideal never goes unpunished. - Goethe

89) Hatred paralyzes life; love releases it. Hatred confuses life; love harmonizes it. Hatred darkens life; love illumines it. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

90) Friendship often ends in love; but love in friendship - never. - Charles Caleb Colton

91) Neither a lofty degree of intelligence nor imagination nor both together go to the making of genius. Love, love, love, that is the soul of genius. - Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

92) Once in a while, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale. - Gieselle C. Viera

93) Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. - James Baldwin

94) you make me want to be a better man - As Good As it Gets

95) Love is the only rational act. - Morrie Schwarz

96) The heart that loves is always young. - Greek Proverb

97) Nothing real can be threatened, nothing unreal exsists.Love is all there is. - The Course of Miracles

98) Happy wife, happy life. - Jeff Allen

99) When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible. - From the Movie, When Harry Met Sally

100) Men always want to be a woman's first love. Women like to be a man's last romance. - Oscar Wilde

101) I was nauseous and tingly all over. I was either in love or I had smallpox. - Woody Allen

102) For one human being to love another that is perhaps the most difficult of our tasks; the ultimate, the last test and proof; the work for which all other work is but preparation. - Rainer Maria Rilke
                   love quote

103) We can only learn to love by loving. - Iris Murdoch

104) Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye. - H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

105) All, everything that I understand, I understand only because I love. - Leo Tolstoy

106) Love is my religion--I could die for it. - John Keats

107) Real love stories never have endings. - Richard Bach

108) To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die. - Thomas Campbell

109) Life without love is like a tree. Without blossom and fruit. - Khalil Gibran

110) Two souls with but a single thought, two hearts that beat as one. - John Keats

111) Love is like pi - natural, irrational, and very important. - Lisa Hoffman

112) Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation. - Kahlil Gibran

113) Joy is not in things; it is in us. - Richard Wagner

114) Love is not selfish - 1 Cor 13:5-6

115) Love is the flower of life, and blossoms unexpectedly and without law, and must be plucked  where it is found, and enjoyed for the brief hour of its duration. - D.H.Lawrence

116) Everyone admits that love is wonderful and necessary, yet no one agrees on just what it is. -Diane Ackerman

117) Absence diminishes small loves and increases great ones, as the wind blows out the candle and blows up the bonfire. - Fran?ois de La Rouchefoucauld

118) Love isn't blind; it just only sees what matters. - William Curry

119) The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother. - Theodore M. Hesburgh

120) Seduce my mind and you can have my body, find my soul and I'm yours forever. - Anonymous

121) More than kisses, letters mingle souls. - John Donne

122) It is at the edge of a petal that love waits. - William Carlos Williams

123) Love is like playing the piano. First you must learn to play by the rules, then you must forget the rules and play from your heart. - Unknown

124) The hottest love has the coldest end. - Socrates

125) Give all to love. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

126) ...Love like you'll never be hurt... - William Purkey

127) Who travels for love finds a thousand miles not longer than one. - Japanese Proverb

128) Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down. - Oprah Winfrey

129) Spread love everywhere you go: first of all in your own house. Give love to your children, to your wife or husband, to a next door neighbor... Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier. Be the living expression of God's kindness; kindness in your face, kindness in your eyes, kindness in your smile, kindness in your warm greeting. - Mother Theresa

130) In dreams and in love there are no impossibilities. - Janos Arany

131) Can miles truly separate you from friends... If you want to be with someone you love, aren't  you already there? - Richard Bach

132) What's meant to be will always find a way - Trisha Yearwood

133) Honor the ocean of love. - George de Benneville

134) Accept the things to which fate binds you, and love the people with whom fate brings you together, but do so with all your heart. - Marcus Aurelius

135) Life without love is like a tree without blossoms or fruit. - Kahlil Gibran

136) Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive. - - Dalai Lama

137) Did my heart love'til now? Foreswear its sight--for I never saw true beauty 'til this night. - William Shakespeare

138) Love means to love that which is unlovable; or it is no virtue at all. - Gilbert K. Chesterton

139) I was never one to patiently pick up broken fragments and glue them together again and tell myself that the mended whole was as good as new. What is broken is broken -- and I'd rather remember it as it was at its best than mend it and see the broken places as long as I lived - Margaret Mitchell

140) To laugh often and love much... to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others, to give one's self... this is to have succeeded. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

141) Hearts will never be practical until they are made unbreakable. - From the Movie, The Wizard of Oz

142) Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction. - Antoine De Saint-Exupery

143) Life is the first gift, love is the second. - Marge Piercy

144) Love does not consist in gazing at each other but in looking together in the same direction. - Antoine De Saint-Exupery

145) How do I love thee? Let me count the ways. I love thee to the depth and breadth and height my soul can reach. - Elizabeth Barrett Browning

146) To love deeply in one direction makes us more loving in all others. - Anne-Sophie Swetchine

147) And think not you can direct the course of love, for love, if it finds you worthy, directs your course. - Kahlil Gibran

148) If it is your time, love will track you down like a cruise missile. - Lynda Barry

149) Love is, above all, the gift of oneself. - Jean Anouilh

150) I saw and loved. - Edward Gibbon

Comments